Vaughan names 50 most influential churches in U.S.
July 26, 2005
BOLIVAR – Saddleback Church, a Southern Baptist congregation in Lake Forest, Calif., was named the most influential church in America in an article written by megachurch expert John Vaughan for The Church Report.
The survey was sent to 2,000 church leaders with the goal of ranking the nation’s fastest-growing churches and churches with more than 2,000 weekend attendance.
Here is the top 20:
- Saddleback Church, Lake Forest, Calif.
- Willow Creek Community Church, South Barrington, Ill.
- Northpoint Church, Alpharetta, Ga.
- Fellowship Church, Grapevine, Texas.
- Lakewood Church, Houston, Texas.
- Brooklyn Tabernacle, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The Church of the Resurrection, Leawood, Kan.
- The Potter’s House, Dallas, Texas.
- Ginghamsburg United Methodist Church, Tipp City, Ohio.
- New Life Church, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- North Coast Church, Vista, Calif.
- Wooddale Church, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- First Assembly of God, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Crystal Cathedral Congregation, Garden Grove, Calif.
- Life Church, Edmond, Okla.
- Cathedral of St. Peter & Paul, Washington, D.C.
- Fellowship of the Woodlands, The Woodlands, Texas.
- Church on the Way, Van Nuys, Calif.
- Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Mars Hill Bible Church, Grandville, Mich.