MBTS hosts Heart, Soul & Mind women’s conference Sept. 23-24
By Cory Miller
MBTS Communications Director
August 9, 2005
KANSAS CITY – Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary will host the national Heart, Soul & Mind women’s conference Sept. 23-24.
Heart, Soul & Mind is a national conference uniquely designed to minister to the whole Christian woman by reaching her heart, her soul and her mind. Heart, Soul & Mind speakers use personal testimonies, praise and worship, and biblically sound teaching to furnish women with the tools to lead others to Christ.
“We are delighted to host a quality conference like the Heart, Soul & Mind Conference to help women in this crucial task of sharing the Gospel,” said Midwestern President R. Philip Roberts.
The conference will feature Jill Martin-Rische, Judy Salisbury, Marcia Montenegro, Dani Chaffin and Tammi Dixson. They will cover an array of relevant topics for Christian women. Among them:
• The Basics of Biblical Interpretation and Study
• Sisters in Christ: Our Unique Relationship
• Deceptive Females: Their Influence and Impact
• Facing our Fears to Share our Faith
• The Resurrection: Its Impact in History and Our Lives
• Getting Equipped: Where and How to Start
• Horoscopes for Fun?
• The New Age Movement
• An Overview on Worldviews
• Post-Modernism: Your Truth or The Truth
• Understanding the Spirit of ‘Tolerance’
The conference will be from 7-9:45 p.m., Sept. 23, and 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Sept. 24.
Cost for attending the conference as an individual is $85. For a group, the per person price is $75. Those who register before Aug. 12 receive a $10 discount.
To register or learn more about the Heart, Soul & Mind conference, contact Heart, Soul & Mind at (630) 627-9028 or log onto its Web site at www.heartsoulandmind.com.