Recommendations from the Executive Board to the churches of the Missouri Baptist Convention
1. That the 2008 Cooperative Program (CP) Goal of $16,500,000 be designated with the first one percent to promote CP and the remaining $16,335,500 be designated 36.25% for Southern Baptist Convention causes and 63.75% for Missouri Baptist Convention causes; and that the allocations be as follows:
Cooperative Program Allocations Budget $ 16,500,000 $ 16,500,000
Southern Baptist Convention Causes $ 5,880,600 36.00% $ 5,921,437 36.25%
Missouri Baptist Convention Causes:
The Children’s Home $ 539,055 3.30% $ 539,055 3.30%
Christian Higher Education Operations 2,123,550 13.00% 2,205,225 13.50%
Total Institutions/Agencies $ 3,234,330 19.80% $ 3,005,640 18.40%
Executive Board Budget 6,860,700 42.00% 6,983,213 42.75%
SBC Annuity & Insurance Program 359,370 2.20% 424,710 2.60%
2. That all 2008 Cooperative Program receipts over $16,500,000 be distributed according to priority needs.
3. That the Convention approve the 2008 Executive Board budget by teams with the understanding that the line item Executive Board budget is printed in the Book of Reports for information only.
4. That Rheubin L. South Missouri Mission Offering funds received during 2007 be distributed in 2008 as follows: (based on the 2007 MMO Offering Goal of $800,000):
2007 REQUESTS FOR 2008 MINISTRIES
Ministry Area 2008 Budget
Congregational Assistance $ 100,000
Module (for Church Plants) 20,000
Leader Development $ 2,000
Ministers’ Juggling Act 5,000
Hispanic Pastor’s Development 3,000
Filipino-American Evangelism $ 3,000
Special Evangelism Events 5,000
Personal Evangelism Training 4,500
Multicultural Evangelism 4,000
Missouri Baptist Children’s
Missouri Hunger Relief 10,000
Volunteer Chaplains 5,000
Small Church Ministry Fund $ 9,000
Leadership Development 2,000
Missions Service Corp 2,500
Missouri Partnership Missions 40,000
Youth Evangelism and
Missouri Baptist Scholarships 10,000
Mentoring MBC Pastors &
Metro Area Missions Training
Student Ministry Team
5. That the Executive Board be authorized to adjust the budget and the Rheubin L. South Missouri Mission Offering allocations to meet priority requirements.
Cooperative Program $ 16,500,000
7. That the following be approved for recommendation to the Convention: That the 2011 Annual Meeting of the Missouri Baptist Convention be held October 30-November 2, 2011, at Tan-Tar-A, Osage Beach, Missouri.
8. That the Convention authorize a special partnership offering to be taken on Tuesday evening, Oct. 30, 2007. The offering will be used to assist the partnership mission work of the Missouri Baptist Convention.