Homosexuality: Greatest threat to evangelism
February 11, 2003
This is part 3 of a series designed to expose to you The Greatest Threat to Evangelism in America Today. That threat comes from the political activism of the homosexual movement.
You might now be asking, “What can I do to combat this threat to our religious freedom and the spread of the gospel in my country?” Here are some simple suggestions:
ACTION PLANS FOR YOU:
1. FIRST, be willing to be a Daniel.
Teach/preach the Word of God regarding this sin. Remember, when the gospel is preached, someone will be inconvenienced! Remember the silversmiths in Ephesus who lost their business? Remember Stephen’s sermon? How the people were incensed to the point of stoning him to death. Remember Peter’s sermon in Acts 2 when the people where “pricked to their heart?” Remember when Jesus cast the demons into the swine? The bar-b-que pork sandwich business had great loss in the Decapolis.
2. Be actively involved in your local government and school board. When your local government leaders take Biblically moral stands, send them notes of encouragement and stand with them. Let them know you appreciate their courage and leadership.
3. Write to advertisers that support homosexual friendly TV programming or other entertainment media and express your dismay. There is incredible power in just a few letters to companies. When I was involved in Real Estate Development for a Supermarket chain in St Louis, I saw a few as three to five letters from homemakers that changed the products sold in a corporation with multi-millions of dollars of sales. Don’t underestimate what God can do with little ole you! God uses common everyday people to do his greatest work, not superstars (Noah, Gideon, David, Joseph, Peter, Ruth, Esther).
4. The State of Vermont approved same-sex marriages in July 2000. Since then, there have been Missouri “couples” that have Vermont same-sex marriage licenses. They will now try to get these “marriages” acknowledged by Missouri. Oppose this issue when it surfaces in your community.
5. Alaska and Nebraska are the only two states in our Union with constitutional protection of traditional marriage. Missouri should pass similar constitutional protection.
6. Executive Order #13087 signed by Pres. Bill Clinton (see below) needs to be revoked by Pres. George W. Bush. President Bush can revoke it with only his signature. Write him.
Further Amendment to Executive Order 11478, Equal Employment Opportunity in the Federal Government
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, and in order to provide for a uniform policy for the Federal Government to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation, it is hereby ordered that Executive Order 11478, as amended, is further amended as follows:
Section 1. The first sentence of section 1 is amended by substituting “age, or sexual orientation” for “or age”.
Section 2. The second sentence of section 1 is amended by striking the period and adding at the end of the sentence “, to the extent permitted by law.”
WILLIAM J. CLINTON
THE WHITE HOUSE,
May 28, 1998.
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
Recently, President Al Mohler of Southern Seminary (who also attended James Dobson’s meeting) called off every class and had all the faculty and student body spend a day hearing sermons, viewing video presentations and hearing testimonies regarding this homosexual agenda. They have prepared a set of four (4) CD-ROM discs that has the best of this day’s resources for you. You can obtain it by calling: 1-800-626-5525. Ask for the Media Department. They will send you this four CD resource for $10.00.
- Richard Land of our Christian Life Commission has prepared a number of pamphlets and other resources that may be very helpful to you. You can request them at: The Christian Life Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention; 901 Commerce, Suite #550; Nashville, TN 37203-3696
- John Paulk; Focus on the Family; 8605 Explorer Drive; Colorado Springs, CO 80920; (719) 548-4565. John and his wife were both practicing homosexuals but Jesus set them free from the bondage of this sin. They are married with children of their own and have become champions for Christ in the cause of winning homosexuals to Christ. Many resources are available through his office at Focus on the Family.
- www.family.org then go to “search” and type in the word: homosexuality
- www.crossministry.org Director: Tim Wilkins